“He who would travel happily must travel light.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Over the years, we have learned that there are many advantages of traveling with only a carry-on. Besides not paying baggage fees and not worrying about the airline losing my luggage, you gain time - more time to experience the destination. While other fliers wait at baggage claim, you’re in a cab and on your way.
For women who want to lighten their load, while not forgetting their style, here are some tips:
1. Choose versatile clothing and footwear that match your travel activities and can serve double (or triple!) duty.
2. Stick to subtle color schemes and patterns so that all clothing can be combined to give you lots of outfit possibilities.
3. Try on outfits prior to packing to ensure that everything works. You don’t want to pack any unnecessary pieces. Think about adding a scarf, belt or other accessories to help create more ensemble options.
4. Pack clothes that can be layered for the weather conditions of your destination.
5. Wear bulky items on travel days. Items such as jeans, sweaters, jackets and boots worn on travel days keep your luggage light. Consider wearing a sweater or scarf that can serve as a blanket when the flight is really cold. Comfort is also key. You want to look good and also be comfortable for days of long travel! Fitness tights / leggings are perfect for achieving this.
Travelers, what advice would you add? Leave your best tips in the comments below.